Birthday Party Host
The City of St. John’s is presently accepting applications for the casual position of Birthday Party Host with the Department of Community Services.
Birthday Party hosts will be responsible for helping set up facilities, supplies and activities for young children during birthday party rentals at the H.G.R. Mews Community Centre or the Wedgewood Park Recreation Centre
- Review the birthday party name/age and contact information from the Head Lifeguard, upon arrival for work.
- Greet host parent(s), the birthday boy or girl and guests as they arrive.
- Assist parent with set up and clean-up of party supplies and gifts.
- Greet participants, distribute armbands and give directions to the swimming pool/ gym/multipurpose room.
- Introduce participants to the Head Lifeguard
- Prepare and implement low-organized games/activities for children to play in the gym.
- Assist with gift opening/serving food and birthday cake.
- Assist parent with removing supplies and/or gifts.
- Tear down equipment, pack it away and return to storage.
- Other duties as required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR Level C) (current)
- Standard First Aid (current)
- Current Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC) Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check (current)
- Experience in planning and implementing programming for children/youth in a group setting and the ability to instruct various sports activities, arts/crafts and low organized games a definite asset.
- Good communication skills.
- One year Leadership experience and/or leadership training (City of St. John’s Youth Leadership or equivalent).
- High Five® Principles of Healthy Child Development certification would be an asset.
HOURS OF WORK: Birthday party hosts will be required to work shifts on either Friday evenings,
Saturday or Sunday daytime and/or evenings, during the birthday party time slots at the H.G.R. Mews Centre or the Wedgewood Park Recreation Centre.
RATE OF PAY: $12.09 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Resumes pertaining to this position should be submitted to EMPLOYMENT MANAGER (posting # 13175), Department of Human Resources.
mail: P. O. Box 908, St. John’s, NL A1C 5M2
hand deliver: Human Resource Department, 2nd floor, City Hall Annex
The City of St. John’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the
employment of a qualified workforce which reflects the community’s diversity.