Reporting Injured Animals | City Of St. John's

Reporting Injured Animals

Reporting Injured Animals

Humane Service Officers respond to calls about injured animals and upon retrieval seek veterinary hospital medical attention immediately. Dead animals are picked up and descriptions kept on file to be matched with an owner if the animal is reported lost.

Humane services only respond to stray animals within the City limits.  If the animal is outside of the City please contact the applicable municipality. 

Privately owned animals are the responsibility of the owner. 

For additional  information please visit Access St. John's
Call: 311                                                                                                                                                      
Where 311 is unavailable, call 709-754-CITY (2489)
Call Humane Services 576-6126
Monday-Friday Noon – 4 PM, Sat-Sun 3-5 PM