The Construction Division is responsible for the designing, planning, construction, and management of various City infrastructure.
The operation of the Construction Division is the responsibility of the Senior Project Engineer. Each year Council allocates funds for the construction of various Capital Works projects to improve the City's infrastructure.
The Construction Division provides engineering services on both the professional and technical levels to implement the Capital Works programs and functions of the Engineering Department.
The activities of the Construction Division include the following:
- Prepare annual and five-year Capital Works budget proposals and estimates.
- Maintain information on pavement management, bridge management and retaining wall management programs.
- Design Capital Works projects.
- Perform construction administration, supervision and inspection activities related to Capital Works program.
- Provide technical advice to Council on matters relating to Capital Works and City infrastructure.