Volunteering with the City
The City of St. John's welcomes residents to Volunteer @ St. John’s. We value all volunteers and realize that they are an integral part of our programs and services. Our goal is to provide a positive volunteer experience to encourage lifetime volunteers.
There are many benefits to volunteering with the City of St. John's, including:
- Contributing to help make your community a better place to live and work.
- Networking with other volunteers and professionals in your community.
- Gaining valuable experience and new skills.
- Meeting new friends and having fun.
- Improved mental and physical health and wellness
Career Development 2201 is a course designed for all high school students. This course, including the 30 hour community contribution volunteer component, is required for high school graduation in Newfoundland and Labrador. For some students achieving 30 hours may be challenging.
Young people are volunteering superstars! 66.7 per cent of Newfoundland and Labrador youth ages 15 to 24, regularly volunteer while the national average for this age group is 53.2 per cent.
National Volunteer Week, April 23-29, 2017
Check back in January 2017 for the theme of National Volunteer Week.