Friday, August 31, 2018 - 10:15 AM

Assistance for Residents with a Barrier to Mobility

If you are experiencing discoloured water and you live in the Petty Harbour Long Pond water supply area, the City of St. John’s advises you to use an alternate water supply for drinking until your water clears.

Discolouration may be caused by higher than normal levels of the element Manganese we have identified in the supply. Manganese is normally found in our water, but higher than normal concentrations cause the water to be brown or yellow.

Free water filling station for residents in the impacted areas are available; however, you must bring your own, clean container and carry away the water yourself.

If you are an area resident with a barrier to mobility, the City may be able to assist you. If you require assistance in accessing clean drinking water and your tap water is currently discoloured, please reach out to staff at the Access St. John’s by calling 311 or 754-CITY (2489) to discuss your situation.

Further information about Manganese is available on the city’s website.